The Royal Commission of Jubail & Yanbu started a modern industrial city located west of the local industrial city and will call it Jubail II. its consider success completion of Jubail II, The total area is about 62 km2 and they chose this location because it is near the feedstock resources and the facilities of the infrastructure in industrial Jubail which are to be made larger in accordance to the needs of the industrial goals.
And we planned to modernize Jubail II in four (4) stages and will complete Stage I in year 1428 with a planned investment of 22 billion riyals. The next three (3) stages will be completed in 1444 (hegria) and the total cost to modernize will be about 14 billion riyals. We expect to attract an investment of bout 210 billion riyals which equates to 1 government riyal will attract 15 investment riyals. Also Jubail II will provide an opportunity to employee 55,000 workers directly and 330,000 indirectly.
Preparation for infrastructure for Jubail II began with King Abdullah placing the first stone.
Site preparation of the location involves digging and filling of earthwork and preparation of site drainage.
1. Includes recycled water to make potable water, delivery of seawater to cool factories, electrical networks and telecom networks.
2. Build system for transportation of feedstock between the national network company and to recycle product gases and liquids.
3. Make transportation spine to transport industrial products to King Fahad Industrial Port which is safe and secure.
4. To enlarge King Fahad Industrial Port adding new berths and spaces to the taking and hauling to import and export different industrial products.
5. Improve Jalmoudah residential neighborhoods and expand amenities.
The total capacity will be for more than 8,000 residential units to accommodate 45,000 people.